Wilmer Eduardo Valderrama (born January 30, 1980) is a Colombian-American/Venezuelan-American actor, singer, producer and television personality, best known for the role of Fez in the sitcom That '70s Show and Carlos Madrigal in American horror television series From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, hosting the MTV series Yo Momma, and voicing the character of Manny in the children's show Handy Manny. He is Demi Lovato's ex-boyfriend. The couple broke up in June of 2016, after six years of dating, though agreed to still be best friends.
Relation with Demi
- He met Demi Lovato at a Voto Latino photoshoot for a PSA about the Chilean Earthquake on January 10, 2010. They became instant friends. After her breakup with Joe Jonas in May, it was reported that Wilmer was her rock and he helped her feel better after the breakup with Jonas.
- In October 2010, Lovato dropped out of her tour to seek treatment for cutting, anorexia, bulimia, and substance abuse. There have been reports that stated Wilmer visited her every weekend, and their relationship blossomed. Lovato confirmed that he would take red-eye flights to come visit her.
- When Lovato exited treatment, their relationship strengthened. There have been pictures taken by the paparazzi of Lovato and Valderrama kissing near his house. However, they refused to speak about their relationship and chose to keep their love lives private from the public. They have been on-and-off since. Occasionally, they would be seen together in the public. In January 2012, they split for the longest time.
- In another Voto Latino PSA, Lovato was requested to make another short video with Valderrama as director.
- In September 2012, they were seen together again and the since then, they have not confirmed as single. Lovato is rumored to still be with Valderrama, and she has shown signs that they are together. She tweeted many times about supporting his television shows and his career. In her "Really Don't Care" music video, Valderrama made a cameo appearance, which became popular among the gossip articles. He also appeared in her other music video for "Nightingale".
- On July 16, 2015, Lovato said to the ZM radio station that she would agree to getting married if Valderrama proposes.
- On August 18, 2015, Lovato said that if she and Wilmer marry, she would want Christina Perri and Ed Sheeran to play at their wedding.
- On August 24, 2015, Lovato said that she is happy to have Wilmer as her boyfriend and best friend.
- On September 29, 2015, Demi revealed that she would like to have an outdoor wedding.
- It was confirmed that the couple have broken up in June 2016, but that they will remain best friends and support each other.
Wilmer's Colombian-American on Sobeida's side & Venezuelan-American on Balbino's side.