|“||Demi's very, very strong. She's the only person that I would tell the deepest, darkest secrets to. The only person.||”|
— Selena talking about Demi in an interview
Selena Marie Gomez (born July 22, 1992) is an American singer, actress, and producer. She was very close friends with Demi Lovato.
Relation with Demi
- They have worked together in the Disney Channel Original Movie, Princess Protection Program and in their younger days, Barney & Friends.
- In 2009, Selena and Demi were very close. They are seen together on many occasions.
- Demi has tweeted that they love Selena Gomez's new song, "Come & Get It".
- Demi said that, one time, Selena and Demi have goofed around on the Fourth of July. "We went into Target on the Fourth of July and we were speaking in British accents asking everyone why they were wearing red, white and blue," they recalled.
- Selena and Demi have not been close in 2011 and 2012. On May 14, 2013, Demi discussed their relationship. "We've been through a lot together," they said during their Live From MTV special on Tuesday, May 14. "We've had periods of time where we grew apart and we just didn't really talk. But now we're in a place where I think we realized that life is so short, and that when you have people in your life that love you so much, then you should just always be around them." On September 29, 2015, when asked if they keep in touch with Selena, Demi replied, "Nope."
- In an interview with Total Girl in 2010, Selena said, "Me and Demi have been friends since we were six years old. We have much mutual admiration."
- They both worked together on a show called Studio DC: Almost Live.
- Demi talked about their relationship with Selena in an interview: 
- Selena told MTV News in 2009 or 2008 that she wanted Demi to guest-star on Wizards of Waverly Place.
- In an interview with The Cleveland Plain Dealer, Demi said that they and Selena "totally act like kids when we're around each other."
- In an interview with Teen Magazine, Selena said that she loved and cared about Demi.
- In an interview with J-14, Demi said that they and Selena always borrowed each other's clothes.
- Before Demi and Selena were famous, they traveled together to Austin, Texas to go to a Disney Channel talent search. Demi shared to Twist, "On the way, we stopped for strawberry milkshakes and drank them in the car. When we were done, my older sister Dallas threw hers out the car window. The window [she threw the milkshake on] happened to be [closed], so the milkshake came into the car and splattered all over me and Selena!"
- Demi tweeted how excited they were for Selena because she was a big sister to Gracie Elliot Teefey.
- Similarly to Demi Lovato, she is of Mexican descent.
- In an interview on KTU radio in New York, Selena was asked about Demi's nude photo shoot for Vanity Fair. She said, "It was beautiful. I mean, honestly, what's incredible about that was no retouch, no anything. And for my record [Revival] and all the stuff I've kinda been doing, you know, there is this combination of why you're doing it, the intention behind it is important and, for me, like the record is I was giving my all to my music and to what I was representing and she's always represented that in such a beautiful way where it was being able to be honest and raw and she's, honestly, she's incredible with that. I thought they were beautiful."
- Demi tweeted that they loved Selena's new single fetish. Selena replied by referring to Sorry Not Sorry.
- Selena commented on an Instagram post of Demi's Simply Complicated Documentary.
- Demi and Selena reunited in a picture at the InStyle awards after years.
- In an interview for the May 2020 issue of Harper's Bazaar, Demi mentions that they aren't friends with Selena but they wish her the best.
- Stars Dance (2013)
- Revival (2015)
- Rare (2020)
- Selena Gomez (Official Site)
- on YouTube
- on Spotify
- on Apple Music
- on Facebook
- on Twitter
- on Instagram
- Twitter - Umm.. obsessed with Come & Get It - @selenagomez. So happy for you lady. #LiterallyOnRepeat!!!
- Mirror - Demi Lovato strips for raunchy shoot as she talks weddings and why she's not friends with Selena Gomez
- Disney Dreaming - Demi talks about Selena
- Twitter - @selenagomez IS A BIG SISTER!!!!!! Everyone congratulate her and her family!!!!!! #CONGRATSSELENA!!!!
- Twitter - .@selenagomez Loving your new song Fetish, we've come a long way since our Barney days
- Twitter - Yes we have-just listening to Sorry Not Sorry! You slay as always. So happy for you!
- InStyle - Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato Have an Epic Reunion at the InStyle Awards 2017
- Harper's Bazaar - Demi Lovato Finally Feels Free